Unwind During the Holidays
Relax and rejuvenate in Fairfield
The Fairfield Recreation Department offers affordable options:
- The Fairfield Tennis Center, 15 Old Dam Road, has 5 har-tru tennis courts covered beneath ‘the bubble’ for day and evening tennis matches and lessons.
- The Fitness Center, 75 Mill Plain Road, is open year round, seven days a week to residents 18 years and older. It is fully equipped with 17 CYBEX VR2 strength training stations, a stairmaster, lifecycle, Precor treadmills and Precor Elliptical cross trainers. Three-month memberships are available for adults at $65 and seniors at $55.
Blow off steam with sports:
- The Rec Department also offers a men’s basketball league and a men’s drop-in basketball team — a great way to blow off some steam. Games are played one night per week at Roger Ludlowe Middle School and start the week of Nov 26th. Register online.
- Be sure to check out the popular local sledding hills and skating ponds also listed on this website. Grab your skates and a few buddies for a fun workout at Wonderland of Ice, 123 Glenwood Ave Bridgeport. Check out the men’s ice hockey league and claims to have the best priced men’s hockey league in the area.
- Prefer to keep it local? The Sportsplex, 85 Mill Plain Road, has lots to do.
- The Fairfield Ice Academy encourages 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 pick-up ice hockey games. $15 per session, goalies play free!
- The Field House, indoor turf, has both a Men’s Drop-In Lacrosse team for $10 per session, for mixed ages and skill levels and a Men’s Indoor Soccer League.
- The Fit Club has boxing (and is offering a free trial session), MMA, ultimate fitness and more.
- Carabiners Indoor Climbing offers an Intro to Climbing package.
- GCA’s Parkour & Free Running is certain to tire you out — all levels are invited, a fall special is currently running and adult classes are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings for $70 per month.
- BK Athletics offers the incredible full body workout, World Champion Taekwondo and more.
- Fairfield Fencing Academy also offers fun down time options.
- Yoga for Everybody, 27 Unquowa Road, offers many different types of Yoga and Meditation. This Kripalu affiliated studio was voted best yoga studio in Fairfield County by the Fairfield Weekly Readers poll — 9 years in a row.
- Yoga Synergy Fairfield, 340 Post Road, of Physical Synergy, is part of a whole wellness facility. Offerings include: chiropractic services, massage, acupuncture, nutrition education and more.
- The Sportsplex, 85 Mill Plain, also offers wonderful opportunities to de-stress.
- Fairfield Hot Yoga is offering a $29 first month, first time special.
- Fairfield Pilates Studio, Get in Shape for Women and the LoveHealing Studio each offer ‘me time.'
- Head to LoveHealing for a variety of therapeutic massage and energy work styles; Swedish, deep tissue and Reiki.
- Prefer to unwind creatively? The Studio, 85 Mill Plain Road, offers art lessons, pottery lessons, painting lessons with artist Karl Soderlund, and Nights at The Studio — $30 includes all art supplies, smocks, cups & bottle openers — BYOB!
- Hands on Pottery, 1700 Post Road, paint your own pottery also provides a welcomed creative outlet. Party options also available.
Then again a restorative walk on the beach does wonders for soothing ones soul. Just remember to bundle up this time of year!